Canteen Management System
What is CMS?
The canteen management system is a method of tracking employee breakfast, lunch, tea/coffee, dinner intake during a month.
How do the “orthodox”/ conventional systems work?
- Manually either by giving Token or monthly Coupons to employee.
- In the token system, the employee is given a token at the entrance or in canteen. The token is given to canteen manager, who in turns gives food plate to employee.
- The canteen manager, after meal, counts the tokens and gives the total to HR dept.
- In Coupon system, the employee gives his Coupon to canteen manager for meal. The employees total Coupons of the month are given to HR dept.
Drawbacks of conventional systems.
- Redundancy of work.
- Money spent for the printing of coupons / tokens.
- The HR dept. has to count the tokens / Coupons which is already counted by canteen manager, thus redundancy of labour.
- Extra manpower used.
- An employee is engaged in distributing tokens / Coupons thus time wasted.
- Example: If an employee is engaged just for an hour a day, he is wasting approximately 31 man-hours in a month. i.e. almost 4 working days a month.
- Printing of Coupons to be done monthly.
- Money spent for printing and time spent for distributing the Coupons to employees.
How Biometrics help?
- Using Biometrics for canteen management is by far the most advanced system of employee meal intake during a month.
- It is an automated system by which the calculations are done within seconds.
- No extra man hours or money spent.
- No dedicated person required for distribution of tokens / Coupons.
- No redundancy or anomalies seen.
- No malpractices by employee or canteen in-charge.
- No identity of employees required.