It is a customized automated application developed specifically for Wind Farm / Wind Turbines. This application captures data from turbines in real-time and downloads to database. There are about 160 to 170 fields of information for each turbine. The raw data is then processed in readable format. There is an admin console whereby wind farm administrators can define turbines. These turbines can be securely allotted to clients who have the dashboard software. They can monitor their respective turbines online. Various types of statistical information are made available to administrators and clients.
Benefits of WindKraft:
- Open source application – Works on Linux / Windows / MAC
- Browser based, Secure access to clients. – Dashboard application available to clients.
- Highly configurable database & Automated backups provided
- Single application can download data from all turbines (approx – 250 nos), whereas Scada application has a limitation of binding 50 turbines only.
- No 3rd party licenses required for Operating Systems & Anti-Virus
WindKraft consists of 5 modules:
- Java / Visual Basic based FTP service – This application connects to plc of each turbine simultaneously and downloads data. It is a real-time multi-threaded application. This application replicates the actual source file from plc. Hence, any back date source file can easily be accessed. PLC stores the data for 30 days only.
- Web application for administrators – It is a web based portal developed in PHP. This application enables admins to
- Create and configure new turbines in windkraft.
- Monitor Turbine logs and data, summary, etc.
- Create new logins / users and assign turbines to these users.
- Export data from portal to xls file format.
- Dashboard for Clients (WindAccess) – It is a web based portal developed in PHP. This application enables clients to
- Monitor their assigned Turbine logs for multiple locations like Current Wind, Current Production, Current Turbine status, Today Production, Monthly Production, Yearly Production, activiy logs etc.
- Report Schedulers – Application send multiple reports from each Server to administrators daily. Currently the following reports are automated / scheduled.
- Daily turbine count report
- Monthly turbine count report
- Server & Database Maintenance– As the volume of data generated per site is too hugh, maintenance of server and database is required to be done periodically. Automated Backups are also scheduled.